SliQ Invoicing provides two methods of sharing company data between users: Client/ Server Access and Shared File Access.
The most flexible method is the Client/ Server Access method as this allows multiple users to work simultaneously on the same company. However, client/ server access takes more setup. Shared File Access is usually easier to set up but you have the restriction that only one user can open and work on a company file at a time.
Client/ Server Access
As of version 6, SliQ Invoicing can work as a client to a database server. This allows multiple PCs/ users running SliQ Invoicing to connect to a central database server to raise invoices simultaneously for the same company.
SliQ Invoicing works with Microsoft's SQL Server database including the free SQL Server Express edition.
For more information on setting up SliQ Invoicing in a client/ server system, see:
Shared File Access
All versions of SliQ Invoicing can save and open company files containing invoicing data to/ from a shared folder accessible over a network.
This will allow invoicing data for a company to be accessed by several user's PCs on a network.
Note: Although the company file in a shared folder is accessible on multiple computers, only one user can open the file at a time. If a user is already accessing the file, either to view or edit invoices, any other users who try to access the file will receive a warning from SliQ Invoicing that the file may already be opened by a different user.
To set up Shared File Access you need to do the following:-
1. Place the SliQ company file in a shared folder accessible to the computers over a network.
This can be done by using SliQ's Save As menu option to save the currently open company file into the shared folder. See here for help on Save As:
2. Install SliQ Invoicing onto each user's PC. A separate purchase/ unlock code will be required for each user's PC.
3. Copy any custom templates you've made into SliQ's customtemplates folder on each user's PC.
Note: If you have edited templates for a company, it is important to copy the custom templates to each user's PC that will use the company file on the network. If a user's PC does not have a copy of the templates, SliQ will use the predefined, default templates when printing or emailing invoice, quotes etc. from that user's PC.
To copy the templates from your PC to a shared folder, use the Configure Template Folder button on the Setup/ Templates tab:
4. On each PC, run SliQ and open the company file from its location in the shared folder on the network. See here for help on opening company files:
From that point, whenever SliQ is run on a PC it will reopen the company file.
5. On each PC, go to the Setup/ Templates tab in SliQ and press the Configure Template folder button to choose the folder containing the custom templates as set in step 3 above.