To show the payments made by a specific customer in a given period take the following steps:-
1. Select the Payment Summary report.
2. In the report toolbar, press the Change Filters button. The Customise Report dialog shows.
3. In the Customise Report dialog, select the following fields in the three dropdowns at the bottom of the dialog: Customer, Date, Payment Date.
4. Close the dialog.
5. You should now see the following 3 filters at the top of the Payment Summary report:
6. Press the Choose button and select the customer you are interested in.
7. In the dropdown next to Payment Date select the date range you are interested in.
The Payment Summary report will now show the payments made by the selected customer in the given date range.